Sunday 1 November 2009

Day 51/99: Off to DC...

Well, midterms are over - I got 99.6% on Latin, and while my Greek History one hasn't been marked yet, I think it went pretty well. My Junior Paper work is also trotting along steadily - I have a draft title ("How did etymology affect origin myths in the early medieval period?") and some thoughts on how to fill up those 7,000 words. So, all's good.

In seven hours and twenty minutes (i.e. 5.45am), I'll be outside getting into a car - it's my trip to Washington DC. It looks really fun - we're volunteering at model deaf primary schools and even taking a trip to Maryland - but I won't have much if any internet access. Thus, the best way to find out what I'm up to until Saturday is to follow my Twitter feed, whch I can update with texts from my phone - you can see it either to the right of my blog, or at http://twitter.com/rkd91 . Enjoy!

One last note before I go - I bought a US radio (cultural experience) - it's very weird not only having adverts on the radio, but having very frequent anti-gay-marriage ones. God Bless America.

P.S. If you want to email me this week, send it to one of the ones I can check by webmail - my Princeton or Merton accounts - or as a Facebook message, but don't necessarily expect a reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment